- scale length of 650mm (25.6“), usually.
- The top 3 strings are monofilament nylon. The bottom 3 are wound.
- International Music Score Library Project (IMSLP). IMSLP attempts to create a virtual library containing all public domain musical scores, as well as scores from composers who are willing to share their music with the world without charge.
History of the guitar
- Guitarra Magazine Guitar History - series of articles.
- Early Romantic Guitar - Comprehensive site on early romantic composers, guitars, and current artists - artists who specialize in that time period and style today. The site contains a very good gallery of with photos of dated “pre-Torres” instruments from 1779 to 1915. The target audience is the guitarist who wants to learn more about this genre, but does not have much information or access to instruments - perhaps being exposed to it for the first time.
- Classical Guitar Illustrated History - a single page on the history of the guitar from its babylonian origin to the 20th century, by François Faucher sy classicalguitarmidi.com.