Jazz Guitarist - alpabetical index
Directory of jazz gutarist with artist links. Eventually this is intendend to become a sortable database of jazz guitarist.
Jazz Guitarist - by first name
Jazz Guitarist - by surname
- Affif, Ron, bebop, Ron Affif Trio.
- Broom, Bobby (1961 -). Performs and records with jazz saxophone legend Sonny Rollins as well as his Bobby Broom Trio and the Deep Blue Organ Trio.
- Christian, Charlie (1916 – 1942).
- Clarke, Bruce, Australian jazz guitarist, composer and educator.
- Dunbar, Ted (1937 - 1998) hard bop jazz guitarist, educator, and writer.
- Folegatti, Ronaldo, Brazilian composer, guitarist and record producer.
- Green, Freddie (1911 – 1987), swing jazz guitarist.
- Green, Grant (1935 – 1979), hard bop, soul, bebop and latin jazz guitarist.
- Greene, Ted (1946 – 2005). Fingerstyle jazz guitarist, music columnist, and educator.
- Grigoriev, Igor, guitarist in OGOGO, an avant-garde jazz ensemble from Los Angeles.
- Juris, Vic (The Dave Liebman Group)
- Pizzarelli, Bucky (1926 -)
- Pizzarelli, John, Jr. (1960 -)
- Rypdal, Terje (1947 -). Norwegian guitarist and composer.
- Vignola, Frank (1965)
Johnny Alegre, Filipino jazz guitarist Johnny Alegre AFFINITY blog
Andreas Paolo Perger
Stochelo Rosenberg, Manouche style
Andreas Öberg, http://www.andreas-oberg.com/index2.html Elek Bacsik (1926 – 1993)
Danny Barker (1909 - 1994)
Derek Bailey (1930 – 2005) English jazz guitarust and a leading figure in the free improvisation movement.
Billy Bauer (1915-2005) American jazz guitarist. Cool jazz.
Billy Bean (1933) is an American jazz guitarist
See also: Bossa Nova
History of Jazz Guitar
- Huddie Leadbetter, Leadbelly (1888 - 1949)
- Eddie Lang (1904 - 1933) (collaborated with violinist Joe Venuti)
- Eddie Condon (1905 - 1973)
- Snoozer Quinn (1906 – 1952)
- Oscar Aleman, (1909 - 1980), Argentine jazz guitarist.
- Django Reinhardt (1910 - 1953) (work with violinist Stephane Grappelli)
- Charlie Christian (1916 - 1942)
- Wes Montgomery (1923 - 1968)
- Herb Ellis (1921 - 2010), performed with the Oscar Peterson Trio from 1953 to 1958. “If you're not swinging, he's gonna make you swing. Of the whole bunch of guys who play hollow-body guitar… I think Herb Ellis has got the most drive.”–Les Paul
- George Van Eps (1913 – 1998)
- Les Paul (1915 -)
- Johnny Smith (1922 -)
- Barny Kessel (1923 -). Benny Goodman, Oscar Peterson.
- Jimmy Raney (1927 – 1995)
- Howard Roberts (1929 – 1992)
- Ed Bickert (1932), Canadian
- Grant Green (1935 – 1979)
- Bucky Pizzarelli (1926 -)
- Kenny Burrell (1931 -)
- John Pisano (1931 -)
- Tal Farlow (1921 – 1998). Red Norvo Trio of Charles Mingus, Dizzy Gillespie and Charlie Parker.
- Freddie Greeen (1911 - 1987). Count Basie
- Joe Pass (1929 - 1994). George Shearing, Ella Fitzgerald
- Jim Hall (1930 -)
- Lenny Breau (1941 – 1984)
- John McLaughlin (1942). Miles Davis, Mahavishnu Orchestra.
- Emily Remler (1957 – 1990)
- Pat Metheny (1954)
Huddie Leadbetter (Leadbelly)
Raphael Rabello (Rafael Baptista Rabello) (1962 - 1995), Brazilian guitarist and composer.
Brent Mason Eddie Van Halen Eric Clapton Frank Gambale Jack Johnson Jason Becker Jimi Hendrix Jimmy Page Joe Satriani John Mayer John Petrucci Kirk Hammett N. Bettencourt Paul Gilbert Stanley Jordan Steve Vai Steve Wariner SRV Yngwie
Hank Garland (1930 – 2004). legendary Nashville studio musician.
Jake Shimabukuro plays “While My Guitar Gently Weeps”
- The 100 Greatest (Rock) Guitarists of All Time - the American magazine Rolling Stone.
- http://www.celebrityrockstarguitars.com/home.htmThe Segovia of jazz